We are looking for a diligent Construction project estimator to prepare accurate estimates for projects by gathering information and analyzing important metrics. Your will provide knowledge of cost and benefits that support profitable business decisions. The ideal candidate will have excellent numerical skills and an analytical mindset. You must also be thorough and apt in managing relationships with key persons and assist the management team thru the buyout process.
• Analyze drawings and specifications.
• Understand contractual terms and conditions.
• Assemble accurate and well-organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner for Stipulated Price, Design-Build and Construction/Project Management formatted projects.
• Provide clear detailed quantity take offs.
• Organize sub-contractor’s quotations, negotiate to insure quotes meet contract documents and issue proper documented purchase orders.
• Complete Budgeting and Scheduling for projects and track same. Monitor progress, requisition change orders and identify any potential risks.
• Maintain relationships with sub-contractors and clients.
• Insure site personnel are provided with proper documentation related to project.
• Work with and deal with concerns of field personnel.
• Provide and maintain unit pricing and database for material and labour costing.
• Formulate cost break down from estimates and for project progress.
• Meet with potential clients to discuss options for proposed services.
• 2+ years proven work experience as a Project estimator or similar role
• In depth knowledge of research and data analysis methods and estimation formulas
• Exquisite math and IT ability with an analytical mindset
• Proficient in relevant estimating software.
• Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
• Thoroughness and reliability
• Excellent organizational skills